A miniature railway is a narrow gauge railway that is commonly seen in many popular amusement parks.
Narrow-gauge railroad track, with miniature passenger trains.
- Maximum track slope - 25°
- Maximum height above ground - 29 feet
- Continuous circuit mode
- Shuttle mode (RCT3 only)
- Indiana Railroad (Diamond Heights)
- Miniature Railroad 1 (Katie's World)
- Mine Tour Train (Millennium Mines)
- Miniature Railroad 1 (Fort Anachronism)
- Miniature Railroad 2 (Fort Anachronism)
- Coal Train (Canary Mines)
- Miniature Railroad 1 (Sprightly Park)
- Miniature Railroad 1 (Magic Quarters)
- Miniature Railroad 1 (Fruit Farm)
- Miniature Railroad 1 (Woodworm Park)
- Heide-Park Express (Heide-Park)
- Pleasure Beach Express (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Six Flags Express (Six Flags Belgium)
- Six Flags Express (Six Flags Holland)
- Railroad (Six Flags Over Texas)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
- Train Line (Gunslinger)
- The miniature railway is actually a faster mode of transport as opposed to a chairlift, but it is still slower than the monorail.
- The American Style Steam Trains support less cars than the Steam Trains or Steam Trains with Covered Cars.
- In Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 & 2, the Miniature Railroad could only operate in a circuit, but in OpenRCT2 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, it could operate in shuttle mode.
- The standard trains in Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 & 2 are based off those of the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway, a miniature railway in Britain and the "American" styled ones in all games are based off old American steam locomotives that operated in the 1800's.