Mazes are constructed from over 6' hedges. Guests wander around the maze pseudo-randomly and leave when they find the exit.
- Wooden Fences
- Mini Maze (Excitement: ~1.50; Intensity: ~0.60; Nausea: ~0.00; ~$540)
- Spiral Maze (Excitement: ~1.60; Intensity: ~0.60; Nausea: ~0.00; ~$972)
- North Maze (Fort Anachronism)
- South Maze (Fort Anachronism)
- Hedge Maze (Megaworld Park)
- Chinese Puzzle Maze (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Crazy Castle
- Mini Maze
- Spiral Hedges
- Maze 1 (Ayers Rock)
- Maze 1 (Rollercoaster Heaven)
- Minotaur Maze (Cradle of Civilization)
- Maze 1 (Japanese Coastal Reclaim)
The Hedge Maze has a unique construction interface that can take a little time to learn. There are three modes: build, move, and fill. Also, changing or deleting part of the maze will cost money, unlike the refund that most rides give. This ride usually needs only a one-or-two square queue line.
Guests do not care if the maze is "hard" or not, meaning that having a maze without any branching won't affect the excitement rating or quality of the ride. Thus, when building a Maze, it is advised not to include branching and just stick to a corridor to prevent guests from staying on the ride too long, as you want to avoid the queue line clogging up and guests on the ride becoming unhappy over time unable to find the exit. It's just a waste of time to make huge mazes, and placing scenery is a much better alternative to increase stats.
- Mazes does not appear in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, but another ride similar, the Mirror Maze, does appear.
- Mazes cannot be built underground.
- This ride is called "Hedge Maze" in the original RollerCoaster Tycoon.
- When deleting the ride, you will not receive any refund money. It's wise to save the game before creating a maze in case the arrangement doesn't work for you.
- It is impossible for a maze to break down.
- Music cannot be played on this ride.