It is a typically short ride that only can go up and is useful for transporting guests up and down vertical edges and also lets them access underground rides as well. The Elevator can reach a minimum of 30ft and a maximum of 570ft (RCT2 sizes on standard height of ground).
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Oil Derrick (Elevator) (Six Flags)
- Sky Tower (Elevator) (Six Flags)
- Sky Tower (Elevator) (Six Flags Magic Mountain)
- Oil Derrick (Elevator) (Six Flags Over Texas)
- 1 Mine Lift 1 (Elevator) (African Diamond Mine)
- 1 Mine Lift 2 (Elevator) (African Diamond Mine)
In Real Life
There are elevators all around the world. However, the two pre-built designs in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 are based off iconic observation towers seen in two Six Flags parks. Manufactured by Intamin, Oil Derrick is the only one of its kind, located in Six Flags Over Texas, it opened on May 24, 1969 and served as a replacement for the Sky Hook. The Sky Tower was manufactured by Intamin as well, located in Six Flags Magic Mountain, it was built in 1970 and opened in 1971, the same year Six Flags Magic Mountain opened.