The Mine Ride is a roller coaster type introduced in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. It is notable for featuring powered trains.
Track is tubular steel with square steel supports. The trains are fiberglass and are made to look like a Mine train.
Special Track Elements
- Banked Curves
- Banked Helix
- On Ride Photo Section
- Maximum track slope - 25
- Maximum height above ground - 60 feet(RCT2)
Ride rating penalties
The Mine Ride has the following ride rating penalty:
|Ride stat||Requirement||Ratings affected|
|Ride length||270 m (886 ft)||Excitement, intensity, and nausea (each -50%)|
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Mine Mania
- The ride powers itself to 35 mph (56 km/h), exceeding this speed when going down long drops. Because of this, it is prone to crashing if a train enters the station too fast or, worse, a safety cut-out breakdown occurs and is fixed on a multi-train design with a long uphill section immediately after a fast section where one train gets stuck on the uphill section and the train after it is preparing to travel the uphill section at a high speeds.
- This ride doesn't need a lift hill as the train is powered. The train will gradually gain speed on flat track, collect speed on drops and slow down on hills.
- The Mine Ride is immune to brakes failure breakdowns.
- The RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 rendition of the Mine Ride features adjustable running speeds for the trains.
In Real Life
- The Mine Ride is primarily based on the Mack Rides powered coaster, using its mine train themed trains. The track also bears some resemblance to Schwarzkopf powered coasters.