The Junior Coaster is a type of roller coaster. It is a cheap type of roller coaster that is generally available at the start of a scenario. It's intended to be used for gentle tracks, hence the name 'Junior Roller Coaster'. The vehicle designs are also kid-friendly, coming in shapes like ladybirds and pandas.
Track has steel running rails with cross-bracing. Supports are made of square section posts. Trains are held on the track by wheels above, below, and outside the running rails.
Special Track Elements
- Banked curves
- Curved lift hill
- Booster (OpenRCT2 and RCTC only)
- Maximum track slope - 25°
- Lift hill maximum slope - 25° (straight and curved)
- Maximum height above ground - 13 metres (65 feet)
- Continuous circuit mode
- Reversed-Incline launched shuttle mode (OpenRCT2 only)
- Continuous circuit blocked section mode
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Chocolate Log
- Crazy Caterpillar
- Mango Muncher
- Blackbeards Lost Treasure Train (Six Flags Great Adventure)
- Pandamonium (Panda World)
- Log Train Junior Coaster (Robin Hood)
- Cheaper than other types of roller coasters, but can't be built as tall.
- This ride is stylistically very similar to the Steel Mini Roller Coaster in RCT1.