(Redirected from Go-Karts)
The Go Karts ride is a thrill ride comprised of Go-Karts that people can drive and race with freely along the track. It is possible to operate along two different modes : Race Mode, on which races are organized, Continuous Circuit, on which Karts are simply rented to allow any driver to drive along the track freely until the next stop line (making it efficient as a fast shuttle between two different spots of the park).
Tarmac track, above wooden supports, with tyre barriers held together with steel rails on either side.
- Maximum Track Slope: 25 degrees
- Maximum Height Above Ground: 29 ft.
Hints and Tips
- The length of station platform determines the number of cars that can race, so make sure to have a long station platform or a short track with few laps. However, in RCT1, there is a limit of 12 cars, and a limit of 20 in RCT3, so keep the number of station tiles around seven if possible. Else, in a longer station, the cars will be unnecessarily slowed down as soon as they hit the station.
- Go Karts start off with a basic excitement of 1.x. Having the track interfere with itself and other rides, particularly roller coasters, will dramatically up the excitement rating to 5 or 6 or more.
- This is the ride on which extreme excitement ratings (10+) can be achieved on extra-long tracks. This, however, might not work in RCT3.
- Avoid if possible using the race mode on extra-long tracks : the winner of the race is granted a supplemental free lap, and this might seriously slow the ride (and therefore its profits) down. As such, prefer short tracks with several laps on your race tracks, and use Continuous Circuit mode on long ballads.
In RCT1, the guests have to wear a helmet when they are sitting on the karts. This is removed in RCT2 and RCT3. In RCT3, players can build a bigger curve track (requires 2x2 tiles) and also tunnel the tracks like on the Dinghy Slide.
- Figure 8 Track
- Mega Track
- Richard's Wreckers (Katie's World)
- King Karts (Karts & Coasters)
- Turnpike (Karts & Coasters)
- Go Karts (Megaworld Park)
- Go Karts (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Castle Karts
- Go Karts 1 (Six Flags Great Adventure)
- Cyclone 500 (Six Flags Magic Mountain)
- Go Kart Track (Six Flags Over Texas)
- Go Karts 1 (Japanese Coastal Reclaim)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
- Formula RCT 1 (Checkered Flag)
- Formula RCT 2 (Checkered Flag)
- In RCT1 and RCT2, Go-Kart tracks had to be completed in order to open it. However, this changed in RCT3, making incomplete tracks enabled to be open. This meant that RCT3 was the first to allow Go-Karts to crash.