RollerCoaster Tycoon (series)
The original title was released in 1999, with two expansion packs following in 1999 and 2000. In 2001, Hasbro Interactive and MicroProse were sold to Infogrames Interactive, a French gaming company, which was later renamed Atari Interactive Inc. in 2003. RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, the original game's sequel, was released in 2002 under the Infogrames banner; it spawned two Expansion Packs also released under Infogrames. Finally, in 2004 RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 was released under the Atari title, as were its two Expansion Packs.
- Official series
- Console games
- Mobile games
- Compilations and ports
- RollerCoaster Tycoon
- Totally RollerCoaster (RCT1 and Loopy Landscapes)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Gold Edition (RCT1 and both expansions)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe (RCT1 and both expansions)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack (RCT2 and both expansions)
- OpenRCT2 (requires RCT2 game files, optionally supports RCT2 expansions, RCT1, and RCT1 expansions)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Gold! (RCT3 and Soaked!)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Gold Edition (RCT3 and Wild!)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum! (RCT3 and both expansions)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition (RCT3 and both expansions)
- Multiple games
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 6 Pack (RCT1, RCT2, and their expansions)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic (RCT1, RCT2, and their expansions; RCT2 expansion packs and toolkit are DLCs on Android and iOS)
- World of RollerCoaster Tycoon (RCT2, RCT3, and their expansions)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Mega Pack (RCT1, RCT2, RCT3, and their expansions)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon
The success of the original RollerCoaster Tycoon series sparked its sequel, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, which was released in 2002. The sequel was criticized due to its similarity to its predecessor, as it utilized a similar game engine and nearly-identical graphics. However, the sequel was successful, and led to two official expansion packs, as well as the User Created Expansion Set (UCES), a player-made set of scenarios, custom rides and scenery. The isometric perspective of the original two games was scrapped for a 3D engine, a new graphical 'feel', and a new game design in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, which debuted in 2004 and which spawned two expansion packs. The last official update to the series was RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Wild! in 2005.
RollerCoaster Tycoon offered limited tools for custom content in the way of new scenario or scenery creations. However, saved ride designs could be traded between games. RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 provided many tools for customization and fan-created content, and made it easier to implement user-created content into the game, sparking the creation of the UCES.
This article is under construction.
You can help by editing it! Relevant discussion may be available on this article's discussion page.