(Redirected from Boosters)
Boosters are a track component found in RollerCoaster Tycoon 1, RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic and OpenRCT2. As the name implies, it boosts the speed of the vehicle passing through it. The maximum speed is configurable in the same way one can configure brake speeds.
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 supported boosters on the Looping Roller Coaster and the Corkscrew Roller Coaster. They were configurable up to 107 km/h (67 mph).
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 removed the component entirely. As a result, track designs with boosters from RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 cannot be imported. The booster's track ID was repurposed for the Spinning Control Track of the Spinning Wild Mouse.
- RCT Classic, despite being based on RCT2, supports boosters on the Giga Coaster, Twister Roller Coaster, Junior Roller Coaster, and Looping Roller Coaster. It does not support boosters on the Corkscrew Roller Coaster. On the Twister and Giga Coasters, it is known as the LSM Launch Track due to the use of LSM launch fins.
- The Twister Roller Coaster's boosters are stronger than the other coaster types. The Giga Coaster has the same booster strength but further supplemented by a doubled maximum speed of up to 135 mph (216 km/h).
- OpenRCT2 imports RCT1 and RCTC saves with boosters correctly and supports boosters on the following coaster types (any marked with a reference mark symbol ("※") denotes that the "Enable all drawable track pieces" cheat will unlock the booster track piece for it):
- Wooden Roller Coaster (available since v0.3.0)※
- Junior Roller Coaster
- Classic Mini Roller Coaster
- Mini Roller Coaster※
- Spiral Roller Coaster※
- Looping Roller Coaster
- Corkscrew Roller Coaster
- Twister Roller Coaster
- Giga Coaster
- Flying Roller Coaster (both inverted and upright positions) - boosters in upright position can only be accessed with the "Enable all drawable track pieces" cheat enabled.
- Air Powered Vertical Coaster※
- Hybrid Coaster※
- Water Coaster