Several tracked rides in RollerCoaster Tycoon support on-ride photo segments. This is a special track segment consisting of a piece of straight track and a photo installation, which takes photos of riders as they pass through it. These photos can be bought when the guests leave the ride, allowing for a bit of extra profit. They are counted as merchandise in the finances window.
- RollerCoaster Tycoon (1) supported building on-ride photos on several roller coaster types, like the Wooden Roller Coaster, Looping Roller Coaster and Corkscrew Roller Coaster.
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 supports the segments on all rides that RCT1 supported, as well as on several water rides, like the Log Flume and River Rapids.
- OpenRCT2 supports the segments on all rides that RCT2 supported, as well as on the Mini Roller Coaster, Bobsleigh Coaster, Splash Boats, Air Powered Vertical Coaster, and Reverse Freefall Coaster.
Limitations and bugs
- Only one on-ride photo segment can be built per ride
- The on-ride photo segment cannot be built underground, except in OpenRCT2.
- The location of the segment has no effect at all - in fact, people will even buy on-ride photos if they didn't pass through it at all! (Easily verifiable when having separate exit and entrance stations and building one in between.)
- RCT2 has a bug where it will reset the on-ride photo price if the player has checked 'Same price throughout'. This is caused by the fact that RCT2 has four different types of on-ride photo, making it possible for guests to buy more than one. A workaround is to temporarily check the box when changing the price, then unchecking it again. This bug is fixed in OpenRCT2.