(Redirected from Suspended Single Rail Roller Coaster)
The Mini Suspended Coaster is an inverted roller coaster type featured in all three main RollerCoaster Tycoon games.
Track is a single tubular steel rail, supported by tubular steel posts. Cars hang from the rail, swinging freely from side to side.
Special Track Elements
- Maximum Track Slope - 25°
- Maximum Lift Hill Slope - 25°
- Maximum Height - 42 feet
Ride rating penalties
|Ride stat||Requirement||Ratings affected|
|Highest drop height||3 units (4 m / 13 ft)||Excitement, intensity, and nausea (each -50%)|
|Max. speed||8 m/s (29 km/h / 18 mph)||Excitement, intensity, and nausea (each -50%)|
|Max. lateral Gs||1.30 g||Excitement, intensity, and nausea (each -50%)|
|Ride length||200 m (656 ft)||Excitement, intensity, and nausea (each -50%)|
- Continuous circuit mode
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Bat Flight
- Fright Flight - uses Lay-down Cars
- Insecticide - uses Dragonfly Cars
- Radical Air - uses Hoverboards
- Sputnik Commemoration (European Cultural Festival) - uses Sputnik Cars
- The Mini Suspended Coaster has a mediocre stat ratio in comparison to many other roller coaster types - often its intensity is at least one point higher than the excitement, and its nausea rating is also moderately high.
- There are several major drawbacks to this coaster type:
- The first is that the cars are lightweight and thus more prone to friction, making large hills impractical. This can be mitigated with the Lay-down Cars or Single-Person Swinging Cars from RCT1 as they can run two or three cars per train.
- The second is its low support limit of 9 units (45 ft / 15 m). This makes the Mini Suspended Coaster ideal only for small, short designs.
- The third is the low throughput, as the cars are either only two-seater or single-seater. It is recommended to avoid making the queue line too long so as to avoid risking guests becoming unhappy. Additionally, try to space out the waiting time for the cars' departures so that there is only up to a maximum of two trains or cars in the station at once.
- In RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, 3, and Classic, each vehicle type is counted as a separate ride type.
- Since the 0.4.2 release, OpenRCT2 allows the Single-Person Swinging Cars from RCT1 to be used on a ride.