Looping Roller Coaster
(Redirected from Steel Roller Coaster)
Track has a tubular steel spine, connected to the inside edges of tubular steel running rails. Supports are large tubular steel posts. Trains are held on the track by wheels above, below, and outside the running rails.
Special Track Elements
- Banked Curves
- Vertical Loop
- Steep Twist
- Banked Helix
- Booster (RCT1 and OpenRCT2 v0.4.0 onwards)
- Half Corkscrew (RCT3 and OpenRCT2 v0.4.0 onwards)
- Large Half Corkscrew (RCT3 only)
- Small Half Loop (RCT3 only)
- Quarter Loop (RCT3 and OpenRCT2 v0.4.0 onwards)
- Banked curves - 50° banking (90° in RCT3)
- Maximum track slope - 60° (90° in RCT3 and OpenRCT2 since v0.4.0)
- Lift hill maximum slope - 25° (60° in RCT3)
- Maximum height above ground - 150 ft
- Continuous circuit mode
- Powered launch
- Reversed-Incline launched shuttle mode
- Shuttle Loop
- Agoraphobia (Diamond Heights)
- Claustrophobia (Diamond Heights)
- Hear No Evil (Three Monkeys Park)
- See No Evil (Three Monkeys Park)
- Speak No Evil (Three Monkeys Park)
- Roller Coaster 1 (Volcania)
- Roller Coaster 3 (Dragon's Cove)
- Thunderlooper (Megaworld Park)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
- Black Panther
- Deep Freeze
- Turbine (Six Flags Belgium)
- Revolution (Six Flags Magic Mountain) (can't be saved as pre-built ride in RCT2 vanilla)
- Runaway Mountain (Six Flags Over Texas)
- Shockwave (Six Flags Over Texas)
- Gives a very smooth ride, and allows the design of long, fast, and twisted track layouts.
- The difference between the Looping Roller Coaster's powered launch and the LIM Launched Roller Coaster's launch is that the train will pass through the station for the Looping Roller Coaster allowing for multiple circuits, which is not true for the LIM Launched Roller Coaster. Another difference is that Steel Coasters can have a lift hill with chain lift later in the ride while the LIM normally cannot have chain lifts.
- In OpenRCT2, both coaster types can be made to either pass through the station or not pass through the station.
- This ride is called Steel Roller Coaster in the original RollerCoaster Tycoon.
- The first and second games have different roller coaster train designs.
- In OpenRCT2, since the 0.4.2 release, the RCT1 Steel Roller Coaster's trains are available for use, most commonly being found in RCT1 scenarios. If these trains are added onto a scenario along with the RCT2 trains, the RCT1 trains will take priority on the build menu when grouping by ride types.
In Real Life
The Looping Coaster closely resembles the coasters designed by Schwarzkopf and Hopkins. This track type is also useful for making shuttle roller coasters like the popular Shuttle Loop model manufactured by Schwarzkopf.
Steel Roller Coaster with Extreme Excitement.
- Steel Roller Coaster (Wikipedia)
- 5 useful designs for scenario play (Marcel Vos YouTube video)