Competitions are special scenarios for the original RollerCoaster Tycoon game. These scenarios were created for the official "Hasbro Competition Land" held in 1999.
Almost all of the parks feature the same landscape with differing amounts of land owned, only the map of the later held Steel Twister Roller Coaster Competition is different. The only rides available are the ones subject to the "Design Challenge", with no other types of ride available. Moreso, no scenario includes shops/stalls, meaning players who opt to run the competition parks as a proper park will be forced to deal with guests' hunger, thirst, and other such problems only the stalls can satisfy without resorting to OpenRCT2's cheat system to add them to the park through the Object Selector. The objective of every scenario is to build the best ride you can, each scenario giving around $25,000 to build it.
Here is the list of all eleven scenarios along with the winners:
- Steel Twister Roller Coaster Competition (won by Scott with Cretaceous Camp Tours)
- Go Karts Competition (won by Casey with Space Race)
- Steel Corkscrew Roller Coaster Competition (won by Gregg with The Ruins and by Tim with Liquid Steel II)
- Mine Train Roller Coaster Competition (won by Andy with Guardian of the Nile)
- Steel Roller Coaster Competition (won by Michael with Golden Twister)
- Bobsled Roller Coaster Competition (won by Simon with Desert Penguin's Revenge)
- Inverted Roller Coaster Competition (won by Bjorn with Gryphon's Flight)
- Suspended Roller Coaster Competition (won by Elliott with Mars Mania)
- Stand-Up Steel Roller Coaster Competition (won by Michael with Hanging Gardens and by Gonchar with Brutus' Revenge)
- Wooden Roller Coaster Competition (won by John with Sun Razor & Fireball)
- Steel Mini Roller Coaster Competition (won by David with Loco Train and Cesar's Race)
The Competition scenarios can be downloaded here.
The winning ride designs from these competition can be downloaded here.